This course aims to take those with a basic and working knowledge of navigation to being fully competent and independent navigators over the course of two days. This course is an ideal build up for those wishing to take the Hill and Moorland Leader and Mountain Leader Awards.
These courses are based in a variety of mountainous locations around the UK and the current dates are shown below. This course includes an overnight camping element.
The Advanced Navigation course covers the following topics:
- An overview of the Introduction to Navigation syllabus
- Micro navigation techniques
- Navigation techniques in reduced visibility (including at night)
- Advanced contour recognition (navigation using a map without any other features)
- Advanced navigational theory
Get in touch about about our Advanced Navigation course
If you would like a course to be held on a different day, in a different location or with a large group, please email us (email@example.com) and we will try to accommodate your request.Get in touch today